This dried apricot chicken recipe has great combination of ingredients that gives just the right amount of sweetness to this dish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- Chicken - 3 pounds, quartered
- Dried apricots - 8 oz (1 1/3 cup), pitted
- Onion - 1 (small), cut into cubes
- Potatoes - 2 (medium), halved lengthwise
- Dried currants - 8 oz (2 cups)
- Ground ginger - 1 teaspoon
- Bitter orange marmalade - 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh orange juice - 1/3 cup
- Apple juice - 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375-degrees F.
- In a large shallow roasting dish, put chicken, skin side up and gently season with salt and pepper.
- Then evenly sprinkle ginger over chicken.
- Spread marmalade over chicken. Add onion and potatoes.
- Pour orange and apple juice into the chicken pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take chicken pan out from the oven. Scatter currants and apricot into the pan around the chicken.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over chicken and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is golden -brown, basting frequently.
- Transfer chicken to a large serving platter. Spoon pan juices and dried fruits over the chicken and serve.
Hope you'll enjoy this recipe. To find the freshest ingredients, don't forget to take a look to our best quality products.