This is a unique recipe of hazelnut cookies with poppy seeds. This recipe yields crunchy, crumbly, and not overly sweet cookies.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- All-purpose flour - 3 cups+3 tablespoons
- Poppy seeds - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter - 1 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
- Hazelnuts - 1 cup toasted, skin removed
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, and poppy seeds in a bowl, and combine.
- Using a hand blender, beat the butter with sugar for 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla extract and beat again.
- Add the poppy seeds mixture in butter and sugar and mix until combined
- Now fold in hazelnuts with a spatula.
- Shape the dough into two long logs and chill for at least 2 hours. You can also freeze the dough for up to 3 months.
- Preheat your oven to 325-degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Cut ¼ to ½ inch thick slices of the dough and place them on the tray about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Rotate the pan after 10 minutes.
Hope you'll enjoy this recipe. To find the freshest ingredients, don't forget to take a look to our best quality products.